| “The Goo evolving beyond its programming is not entirely unexpected. When the program is active, size restrictions were enforced for fear of emergent behaviors. Since being abandoned, these fears have been manifested in what we are calling the "Purger", the largest single mass of protean goo. The Purger is not only capable of consuming everything in its path, but also subverting the ground beneath us, undermining our defenses and obliterating our forces. The Purger is truly a force of nature, and appropriately named.”|
|Produced by||Mother Goos|
|Area of effect||400|
|Rate of fire||10s|
|Traits|| Detects stealth |
The Purger is the Goo's epic unit.
Considered to be the largest single concentration of Goo known to exist. Only the largest of Mother Goo can begin the transformation into a Purger. Combining with other Mothers or Formless Goo accelerates the transformation.
- Like other formless Goo, the Purger can climb onto high terrain and attack enemies from safety.
- Protect Purgers with Tempests, as they have no anti-air capabilities.
- Attacks from a Purger take time to travel to the intended spot - be sure to lead your attacks.
- Purger's attack location will leave corrosive goo behind, dealing damage over time.
- The Purger not only repairs damaged Mother Goos, it also refills their bars, which can render catalyst sources obsolete.
- ↑ Grey Goo - Goo: Agents of Chaos. YouTube. Retrieved 2015-02-05.
- ↑ Petroglyph Games, Grey Box, Grey Goo. January 23, 2015.