The functionality of the Decals Tab in the Terrain Editor
Decals Tab Edit
Decals can be used to add interesting features, imperfections, or aspects to the ground of the terrain.
Shift+Left click on the terrain to place a new decal. The settings of the new decal can be adjusted after placement in the left side of the editor.
- Decals – Currently loaded decals are displayed here for selection and use.
- Save/Load – Saves the currently loaded set of Decals as a Decal File or Loads a set of Decal files into the ‘Decals’ window for use.
- Apply to Selection – Applies the attributes of the decal currently selected in the ‘Decals’ window to the currently selected decal present on the terrain.
- Material Properties – Adjusts specific aspects of the decal’s material settings.
- Render Mode – The type of mode used to render the decal. This will determine the appearance and environmental interaction exhibited by the decal.
- Diffuse – Selects the texture that will be used on the decal.
- Normal – Selects the texture that will be used on the decal.
- Specular Intensity – Magnitude of the specular lighting effect that is being emitted from the Decal.
- Gloss – Controls the size of the specular highlight.
- LOD – Sets the level of detail at which the decal will be rendered.
- Decal Properties
- Lock Button – When selected, locks the X and Y Scale values to the same value.
- Scale X – Value that represents the size of the decal along the X-axis.
- Scale Y – Value that represents the size of the decal along the Y-axis.
- Angle – Rotates the decal.
- Intensity – Sets the opacity with which the texture will be applied to the terrain.
- Tint Color – Selects a solid color with which to tint the decal.
- Project on Cliffs – (Not used in GreyGoo project.)
- Randomize – Randomizes the angle at which the next decal will be placed.